P47D Project: "Hun Hunter"
Another "Jug" Project
65th Fighter Squadron
Captain Gil Wymond
Serial #: 44-90460
Construction #: 399-55605
Civil Registration: N9246B
Name: Hun Hunter XVI
Last info: 2002
Delivered to Brazilian AF as F-47 4175.
- BOC: Oct. 30, 1953.
- SOC: Mar. 17, 1958.
- Retired and stripped for parts.
- Displayed as 226450/A1, Recife AB, Brazil, 1970-1987.
Museu Aerospacial, Campo dos Afoncos, Rio, 1987-1988.
Airplane Sales International, Santa Monica, CA, 1988.
- Arrived dismantled, Chino, CA from Brazil, Sept. 1988.
Airplane Sales, International, Beverly Hills, CA, Sept. 1995.
- Registered as N9246B.
- Stored, Santa Monica, CA, 1990-1996.
Neal Melton, Luttrell, TN, Oct. 2, 1996-2002.
- Restored to airworthy, Rialto, CA, June 13, 1996-1999.
- First flight, Aug. 3, 1999.
- Flown as USAAF/490460/40/Hun Hunter XVI.
Click to enlarge these images.
| Reference Photos